Twenty five unique components make up Lemongrass Essential Oil. The aroma of Lemongrass can be described as strong, lemony and it blends well with Peppermint, Cypress, Cedarwood, Lavender, Ylang Ylang, Geranium, Palmarosa, Ginger.
Top 8 ways to use Lemongrass Essential Oil:
- an excellent household cleaner, can be added to castile soap to clean wood floors, bathrooms, dishes, counters.
- add Lemongrass essential oil to Jojoba Oil and clean wood tables
- use in diffusers to reduce microbes and bacteria in the air. It also creates a very refreshing aroma in the room
- dilute with carrier oil and massage unto the skin to improve circulation, boost the immunity, improve lymph drainage and help with muscular pain
- Lemongrass is used in breast tightening treatments due to tightening effect on the elastin fibers in the corium and in the subcutis. Dilute Lemongrass and Ylang Ylang Essential Oils in Jojoba Oil or other carrier oil and massage the breasts.
- Lemongrass active component, citral, demonstrated powerful antibacterial activity against Haemophilus influenzae, penicillin-susceptible and resistant Streptococcus pneumoniae, Streptococcus pyogenes and Staphylococcus aureus in vitro. The authors of the study concluded that high vapor concentration exposures for short periods of time cause the most effective antimicrobial activity
- Lemongrass Essential Oil may help to fight against Candida. It has GRASS status and is used internally blended with other essential oils to fight Candida
- Studies showed antiviral activity against HSV-1 infection. It has stronger than Tea Tree antiviral activity.
Buy Honest & Pure Organic Lemongrass Essential Oil
Written by Lena Isayev, B.A., C.A.