Authentic French Lavender, grown at high altitude – over 2,800 feet – is categorized as “true” French lavender. Today Lavender grows in many countries, each version having different properties. When you smell the true French Lavender it feels like you walk into a fresh lavender field. It has a fresh, soft, floral and herbaceous aroma. High Altitude Lavender will likely have growing challenges such as dealing with weather and soil fluctuations. This can make for a complex constituents composition of the oil.
The plant is harvested in mid-summer, left to dry for a couple of days to maximize the aroma, then distilled.
Therapeutic uses of Lavender include:
Inflammatory conditions, skin infections, wounds, cuts, grazes, rashes, itching, stress-related eczema, nervous psoriasis, sunburn, burns, muscular spasm, muscular contraction, abdominal cramp, headache, migraine, insomnia, nervousness related conditions, acne, pimples, insect bites, stress, tension, anxiety, tension, panic, insect deterrent.
Lavender blends well with:
Basil, Bergamot, Black Pepper, Cedarwood, German and Roman Chamomile, Clary Sage, Cypress, Elemi, Eucalyptus Citriodora, Eucalyptus Radiata, Frankincense, Geranium, Ginger, Grapefruit, Helichrysum, Lemon, Juniper Berry, Lemongrass, Sweet Marjoram, Melissa, Myrtle, Sweet Orange, Oregano, Palmarosa, Pine, Ravintsara, Rosemary, Rose, Spearmint, Spikenard, Blue Spruce, Black Spruce, Tea Tree, Thyme, Valerian, Vetiver.
Most popular uses: aromatic (diffuser, direct inhalation), topical (undiluted application to wounds, cuts, burns, etc; added to creams and lotions, etc)
According to Research:
- Combination of Lavender, Clary Sage and Marjoram provides relief for individuals with dysmenorrhea and reduces menstrual pain
- Inhalation of lavender (Lavandula angustifolia) essential oil reduces stress and improves sleep quality in patients in intensive care unit.
- Inhalation of lavender (Lavandula angustifolia) essential oil exhibits relaxing activity, decreases blood pressure, heart rate and skin temperature. In terms of mood responses, the subjects in the lavender oil group categorized themselves as more active, fresher relaxed than subjects just inhaling base oil.
The true French lavender essential oil is available only from several stores around the world. We are blessed to provide the best Lavender essential oil at Honest & Pure store! Buy Organic Lavender now.
8 ways you can use Honest & Pure high Altitude organic Lavender essential oil today!
Our Lavender is truly special. I’ve tried lavender from different countries and farms and Honest & Pure small old partner farm in French mountains impressed me the most!
Did you know that distillation of essential oils is truly an art? It takes years of experience to learn how to produce an essential oil that is truly authentic, unaltered, and extracted from the plant providing it’s full potency! It is a beautiful process!
Honest & Pure high altitude Lavender essential oil is
💎 produced by a farm that has been producing essential oil for almost 30 years
💎provides full potency and beautiful lavender aroma
💎GC / MS tested for purity
💎 steam distilled from certified organic lavender flowers
- Put several drops of Lavender essential oil on your pillow for a more restful sleep
- Apply Lavender essential oil to your neck and wrists during a busy day to reduce anxiety and stay calm
- Put several drops on your Landry cotton ball
- Pour Lavender essential oil directly on the cut/burn for faster healing
- Add to your creams/ lotion to nourish your skin + after sun care
- Inhale and put a drop under the tongue for allergy relief (add a drop of peppermint oil for stronger effect)
- Add Lavender + Tea Tree in a shampoo for dandruff relief
- Add Lavender essential oil to Facial Toner and Spray onto overexposed skin after sun
How do you like to use Lavender essential oil?
School of Aromatic Studies
Valerie, A., Worwood. (2016). The Complete Book of Essential Oils. Novato, CA. New World Library.
Written by Lena Isayev, B.A., C.A.
Share this story